Our company was founded by our MD who spent over 35 years in Project management, Engineering and Design. He grew tired of spending a large amount of time trawling through CVs from agencies that had no relevance to the job specification and at the same time being served with an excessive fee structure from recruiters.
Octopus were initially focused on the energy industries, assisting experienced personnel with transferrable skills re-engineer from other industries into the energy sector. Our service has since been extended to serve other industries where our fresh approach has been equally successful; resulting in a number of our clients using our services exclusively.
We believe we differ in a number of ways to other recruitment services, here are just a few examples:
- We are exceptionally low cost.
- We take care to ensure submitted candidates skills align with your job specification (we can assist with producing a job specification if required).
- When we cannot source within industry personnel, we pro-actively seek out candidates with re-engineering potential (most engineers have skills that are easily transferrable between industries).
- We question our candidates on their attitude to safety and will not put forward candidates who do not display the expected level of regard for safety.
- We fish in alternative seas for candidates (avoiding recirculating CV’s) and do this at low cost.
- We provide a highly pro-active and competitive recruitment service ( We head hunt the right candidates for you rather than just posting adds on job boards and waiting for applicants to apply).
- We can assist with filling a one off vacancy where you are not receiving the right candidates or engage with you on an ongoing basis as an alternative resource finder.
- We are highly customer focussed and will do all within our power to meet your expectations.
- We tailor the level of service you require to meet your needs. This can range from providing candidates for one specific difficult to fill vacancy through to a full recruitment partnering agreement.
- As we are based in the North-West we are well placed to service the entire UK.
"So if you are tired of receiving CV’s that do not match your requirements then please consider giving us a try. There is no risk involved, we offer a finder’s fee only service (there is only a fee on successful placement)."