We have an opportunity in the Bristol Area for a Mechanical Engineer to join our client on a Permanent Basis.
Job Title: Engineer
Reports to: Associate - Principal Engineer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide independently or under direction as appropriate a professional technical service encompassing feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management and commissioning, and final account to meet all requirements of a client and the aspirations of the practice. Staff control of Technicians as necessary.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development sessions, reading technical in media etc.
- The job holder will provide technical support and services as directed.
- The job holder will undertake the role as lead consultant on some projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications, HNC or equivalent, or ONC or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Design skills in particular specialisms
- Knowledge of Terms of agreement and Contract Documentation.
- Ability to produce detailed drawings.
- Knowledge of job costing
- Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert,TAS, Cymap, BIM, Revit and Auto CAD.
- The ability to operate within ISO9001 & 14001 processes
The company was formed in 1989; providing Building Engineering Services Design and Compliance Services from our Design Centres located across the Uk.
A consistent quality and environmental management approach is deployed throughout the Company which is accredited to ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004.
They employ approximately 60 permanent staff including independently located personnel based in Scotland, the North West and the South East, providing a proactive, flexible service to their clients.
They offer Consultancy Services specialising in Mechanical & Electrical Design, together with Condition and Compliance Surveys using bespoke software and cloud based data collection applications. This facilitates the prompt delivery of reports with clear analysis of data, including specification and management of remedial actions.
They provide robust and innovative M&E design solutions, offering a flexible approach to all commissions, whilst ensuring compliance with current and changing legislation. They have invested in contemporary design software such as TAS dynamic modelling and Revit BIM to support our design approach. They are committed to reducing the environmental impact of Building Engineering Services without compromising performance.