We have an opportunity in Leicestershire for a Building Services CAD Technician to join our client on a permanent basis.
Our client is looking for an experienced CAD Technician with proven experience in Building Services to work in their busy, expanding practice. You will require a broad range of skills, and along with carrying out drawing work you will be expected visit sites and carry out surveys and produce record drawings from the surveys,
You will also be responsible for:
- organising and managing their internal drawing system folders including managing incoming drawings, updating the drawing register as necessary.
- Downloading and uploading files from and to a variety of document control systems.
- Setting up drawing sheets for new
- Assisting with the printing of drawings as necessary and general assistance with running general system backups.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of Mechanical and Electrical building services and the ability to survey simple systems.
- Will be capable of working in a team or on your own, producing high-quality drawings coordinated to other services the building and structural elements.
- Will be able to help them develop and grow the practice.
- Experience using Revit would be an advantage but is not essential
- Our client has ambitions to achieve Level 2 BIM, the candidate would be expected to assist them in this process.
This is a full-time position attracting an excellent remuneration package commensurate with the qualifications and experience that the role requires.
- Proficiency with using Auto CAD software is essential.
The ability to use Revit, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access is desirable.
- Electrical services surveys
- Mechanical services surveys
- Knowledge of Cymap/ /TAS/Amtech/Dialux/BIM
- Good written & verbal communication
- Good team worker
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to work in Leicester based office
- Ability to commute to sites anywhere in the country